The boat’s in the UK
Blue’s good. A sloop.
The UK. Not exactly a Harvest Moon Regatta sail.
More than a coast and a windward beat to the Caribbean. Still.
Things needed for crossing the Atlantic
- Lots of beer (Obviously)
- Harnesses (See above)
- Sat. phone and WiFi (Anxiety prevention)
- Computer (To write articles to help pay for the boat and voyage. Right.)
- Hired, experienced captain (To allow time to appreciate the beer)
- Hired gourmet cook (If you don’t have to skipper, why should you have to cook? Need to enjoy the experience, right?)
- Sighs (Sighs of contentment)
Standing in a cold shower tearing up $100 bills.
That’s basically sailing.
That and hours of boredom bobbing with no wind interspersed with periods of sheer terror trying not to get washed overboard.
The boat’s in the UK. Blue.
Blue’s good for a boat.
Take a look. It’s a Beneteau First 47.7 in brokerage.
Cliff notes for sailing across the Atlantic? “Top 10 Tips for an Atlantic Crossing” (Somebody got paid to write this article. Hmmm…)
Must hurry before storm season,
Phil, the Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge